What is a 403(b) Plan?
In public educational organizations like School Districts and Community Colleges, 403(b) Plans generally serve as supplemental retirement savings plans designed to supplement retirement benefits available from State pension plans and Social Security. The IRS provides a Summary of 403(b) Plan Basics page and a 403(b) Plan Brochure for Employees on its website.
Please visit the "Why Partipicate?" page for additional information on the benefits of utilizing the 403(b) plan.
Which Optional Features Does the District Allow in its 403(b) Plan?
403(b) Optional features are either included in, or excluded from, the Plan, as specified below and as further described in the parenthetically referenced sections in the Plan Document for Parkrose School District. These options are listed here in abstract for convenient reference:
Catch-ups under the Plan
- 15 Years-of-Service Catch-up Elective Deferral Contributions: Yes
- Age 50 Catch-up Elective Deferral Contributions: Yes
Contributions to the Plan
- Direct Rollovers Into the Plan: Yes
- Employer Contributions Allowed: Yes
- Employer Post Severance Contributions Allowed: Yes
- Exchanges Within the Plan: Yes
- Roth Contributions: No
Other Plan Transactions
- Hardship Distributions: Yes
- In-service Distributions After Age 59-1/2: Yes
- In-service Distributions From Rollover Accounts: Yes
- Loans: Yes
- Permissive Service Credit Transfers: Yes
- Plan-to-Plan Transfers To the Plan: Yes
- Plan-to-Plan Transfers From the Plan: Yes
When, How, and Under What Circumstances Can I Access My 403(b) Account?
A transaction's availability may be limited by IRS guidelines, the optional features in the Parkrose School District Plan and/or the underlying investment contract. To learn more about the transactions (including definitions and qualifying events), please click here.
Obtaining Transaction Authorization
CCC is the Plan Administrator for Parkrose School District 403(b) Plan and the point of contact for obtaining transaction authorization. Please click here to learn how to request authorization for your transaction.
Am I Eligible To Participate? How Much Can I Contribute?
Please review the Eligibility and Limits Announcement for a full description of the employees eligible to participate and the contribution limits that apply.
Parkrose School District does not require any minimum monthly contribution amount.
How Do I Begin, Change, or Cancel Contributions?
Please review the 403(b) Enrollment Procedures for step-by-step instructions on how to beginning participation, how to change your vendor or contribution amount, or how to end contributions to the plan.
What Are My Investment Options?
Please visit the 403(b) List of Vendors page for the options offered under the Parkrose School District 403(b) plan.
Basic Information About Products
Investment products for 403(b) plans may be broken down into the following investment types:
- Fixed Annuities
- Variable Annuities with a Fixed Account
- Variable Annuities without a Fixed Account
- 403(b)(7) Custodial Mutual Funds (No-Load)
- 403(b)(7) Custodial Mutual Funds (Load)
- 403(b)(7) Custodial Mutual Funds (Deferred Sales Charges)
Various vendors may offer one or more of these types of investments. Look for fund profiles, performance, prospectuses, and fees associated with specific vendors in the column to the right for information about particular offerings.
How do I choose a Vendor?
Generally speaking, vendors market their 403(b) investment products using one or more of the following approaches:
- Agents Who Are Contracted Exclusively with the Vendor
- Independent 403(b) Practitioners
- Regional or Central Office Employees
- Seminars, Meetings, and/or Brochure Distribution
Learn more about choosing an investment
What If I Need Financial Advice?
Click on this link for information about the financial advisor industry and helpful suggestions about how to locate one or more qualified, professional, and licensed financial advisors that meet your needs. Learn More
Why did Parkrose School District Adopt CCC Services?
403(b) Plans are subject to complex rules and administrative responsibilities. As a result, Parkrose School District adopted the services of Carruth Compliance Consulting, Inc., an Independent Third Party Administrator (TPA).